From: Luis Mariano Luporini [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:55 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Axis2 service level access by IP address

Hi,

I been trying since this morning to get around this but did not
succeeded. I'm starting to get a little frustrated so I think, by now,
the best path is to trust in others knowledge.

Anyway,  I'm using Axis2 1.2, Tomcat 6.0.10 and Sun J2SE 1.5.0.11 on FC5
Linux.

I'm trying to figure out a way to restrict access to services based on
client IP address.

Let's say I have 3 services:

1. MyPublicService: This needs to be available for any client IP
address.
2. MyPrivateService: This needs to be available for my local subnet, for
example 192.168.0.0/24 only.
3. MyPremiumService: This needs to be available for a list of configured
IP addresses.

I need a way to restrict access following above requirements and without
the need to write code for that.

Is there a way to configure this behavior somewhere or I will need to
rely on some kind of reverse proxy (Apache, Lighty, etc) to control
access based on URL pattern matching and client IP?

Hope someone can give me a pointer.

Thanks in advance.

Luis