I would try to see if your problem is IntelliJ plugin-related or not.

If you try to create your client stub using Axis2's WSDL2Java instead of
the IntelliJ plugin, do you get the very same error message?  Or does it
work in that case?  Here are the steps I used for creating a simple
Axis2 web service and client, which might help you a little bit:

http://www.jroller.com/page/gmazza?entry=creating_a_web_service_with

Glen