Your suggestion of looking into action mapping was very good.  Thanks.

I have turned on debugging and have been able to verify that the "good"
client and my own client behave identically up to message delivery to the
service.  The good client gets a positive response from the service while
(unfortunately) my client does not.

I have made the actionMapping parameter ("target") in the service's
service.xml match the option.setAction(target) value in my client's Java
code, but still no happiness.  I still am getting an error complaint from
the service that it couldn't figure out what to do from my request's SOAP
header.

Nevertheless, I should be close to getting things to work.

Any additional suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Nevertheless, I think I am close.