I'm sure I'm probably confusing you because I'm still not sure I have the
correct terminology down.
Doesn't the pivot attribute associate a handler with the http protocol?  I
want to use 2 different handlers for an http request.

So in reality I want to do this however, I don't know how to do it
programmatically.
<transport name="http" pivot="java:
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender"/>
<transport name="http" pivot="java:myownHandler"/>