From: Philipp Leitner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2007 3:24:30 PM
Subject: Re: new to axis

are you connected to the internet when you run the example?

/philipp

loredana loredana wrote:
Hy guys, I'm new to axis and I am having a small problem understanding even the begining example...ok, so i took the most simple web service from w3 schools: http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/tempconvert.asmx and I tried to make a web service client like the first example presented on the axis site. As I understood, it should look like this:

try{

    String endpoint =
              "http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/tempconvert.asmx";;;
Service service = new Service();
          Call     call    = (Call) service.createCall();
call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
          call.setOperationName(new QName("http://tempuri.org";;,
"CelsiusToFahrenheit"));
          call.addParameter("Celsius", org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING,
javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
          call.setReturnType(org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING);
String ret = (String) call.invoke( new Object[] { "10" } ); System.out.println("result: " + ret + "'");}catch{}

this should return something like <short>50</short> but instead I get a
java.net.NoRouteToHostException

So what am I doing wrong?. What exactly did I missunderstood? 10x in advance