Ehh, looks like you are already engaging the module.

"The requested resource is not available".

Where do you see that, in the browser? I think that's a tomcat error.
So you've edited web.xml, engaged the module, you have expanded the
soapmonitor.jar to webapps/axis2 and there is a module under
WEB-INF/modules ? Hmm, this does work in 1.3 because I use it.

Try looking in the tomcat logs for some clues - you might be getting
an error somewhere. Also verify you are in fact binding to port 5001
and some other program has stolen the port - you should get lots of
error messages in the logs if that happens.

If all else fails, put axis2 in debug mode via the log4j.properties.

HTH,
Robert