Are you using Axis or Axis2?

(I'm assuming that you're using Axis because your message contains
xsi:type information.)  In Axis you must define your type mappings in
the WSDD file. The WSDD should be auto-generated when you run
WSDL2Java. But that only takes care of the server side. You also must
define the type mappings on the client side. That can be done in code
or with a client configuration file.

But since you are just starting out, I suggest you start over with Axis2.

Anne