Hi Axis2 guys,

first let me tell you that we really like Axis2 and consider it a great software. In fact, we have embedded it in our system (through Jetty) and it seems we'll be able to use it for some pretty cool stuff. We have a services delivery system which is using a specific technology for services deployment (think of it as special kind of EJBs), and in order to expose these services through Web Services technology, we wish to employ Axis2 for the task. As per our understanding of axis2 architecture, we need a custom Dispatcher (to find the service) and a Receiver (to run operations).

We have a custom Dispatcher in place:

public class OnlineOsAxisDispatcher extends AbstractDispatcher {...}

which is placed in axis2.xml at the appropriate place:

<phase name="Dispatch" class="org.apache.axis2.engine.DispatchPhase">

           <!-- onlineos Dispatcher -->
           <handler name="OnlineOsAxisDispatcher"
class="com.onlineos.platform.core.adapters.impl.ws.OnlineOsAxisDispatcher">
                    <order phase="Dispatch" />
           </handler>
           {...other dispatchers}
        </phase>

and when the system boots, the logs show:

2007-11-06 07:11:25,546 DEBUG [org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase] Handler OnlineOsAxisDispatcher added to Phase Dispatch 2007-11-06 07:11:25,546 DEBUG [org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase] Handler RequestURIBasedDispatcher added to Phase Dispatch 2007-11-06 07:11:25,546 DEBUG [org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase] Handler SOAPActionBasedDispatcher added to Phase Dispatch 2007-11-06 07:11:25,546 DEBUG [org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase] Handler RequestURIOperationDispatcher added to Phase Dispatch 2007-11-06 07:11:25,546 DEBUG [org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase] Handler SOAPMessageBodyBasedDispatcher added to Phase Dispatch 2007-11-06 07:11:25,562 DEBUG [org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase] Handler HTTPLocationBasedDispatcher added to Phase Dispatch

But, although the custom Dispatcher is loaded, its methods (findOperation, findService, initDispatcher) are never called in the process of invoking a service/operation.

I heard some rumors on this list that in order to have a custom Dispatcher, as part of a pre-defined (i.e. "Dispatch") phase, axis2 JARs need to be built from fresh SVN source. Could this be the reason why our Dispatcher doesn't get invoked when the service/operation request comes in (we are using standard 1.3 axis2 distro, not the current SVN source)?

Thanks for the answers and best regards,

Bozo Juretic

--
www.onlineos-network.com