The WSDL 2.0 specification [1] became a W3C recommendation in June 2007.
While WSDL 2.0 is the future it has not yet seen widespread adoption
(although adoption is increasing, in part because of Axis2).

For now I think your best bet is to use WSDL 1.1 and, if you'd like to
future proof your app and be on the cutting edge, implement WSDL 2.0 as
well. You might be interested in WSDL 1.1 -> 2.0 converters. Apache Woden
[2] has one in SVN that's a bit out of date. There is also one available
from the W3C [3] but it too looks to be out of date.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/woden/
[3] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/WSDLConvert.html

Lawrence

Mauro Molinari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
11/20/2007 03:36 AM
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: wsdl version

Simon Steinacker ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I have a general question: Which version of WSDL (1.1/2.0) is
> recommended to be used? Is WSDL 2.0 already stable and applicable in a
> critical business applications?
>
> Thanks,
> Lg Simon

It may depend on the level of interoperability you want to have. I might
be wrong, but I think .NET 1.1 is not compatible with WSDL 2.0.

--
Mauro Molinari
Software Developer