Axis2 supports both WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0 deployment. If you are hoping to
use WSDL deployment I recommend WSDL 2.0 as its easy to learn (Less Complex)
and it gives you better control in a REST sense. If you want your service to
be more RESTy then I guess WSDL 2.0 is the way forward.

BTW, Axis2 will generate a WSDL 1.1 for your service even if you use WSDL
2.0 deployment.

Thanks,
Keith.