MrNobody [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ove Gram Nipen wrote:
> >
> > You could try to reach the WSDL document using your web browser, by
> > pointing your browser to the web service endpoint and appending
?wsdl
> > to the url. For instance, if the web service endpoint is
> > http://somewhere.com/services/HelloService, you could try to reach
> > http://somewhere.com/services/HelloService?wsdl. If this works, you
at
> > least know that the service is available. If it doesn't work, it
> > doesn't really tell you anything.
>
> Ah, this helped alot- it told me there is a database
> connection error it looks like the web service has been
> updated just recently

Does this mean that you got an error message in the html reply? If that
is the case, that could account for the unknown AxisFault you get when
you try to call the web service using Axis.

Another tip: once you have got the WSDL document to display properly,
try to use Altova XML spy to call the web service. It's commercial, but
there are free-as-in-beer evaluation licences available. You start XML
spy, choose SOAP->Create new soap request, enter the URL of the wsdl,
for instance http://somewhere.com/services/HelloService?wsdl, and then
select the right port and operation. This gives you the opportunity to
edit the request document by hand before sending it to the server (don't
worry, a skeleton request document is generated automatically for you).
This can be a good debugging tool, since you can easily manipulate the
data sent in the request.

Good luck :)

--
Regards,