Hi,

I did this several years ago, but I'll give it a shot
at explaining how it was done as far as I can
remember.

The process for axis1 is similar to just setting up a
web application and wiring it into the web server just
like a servlet. The web.xml will contain references to
AxisServlet. This servlet will initialize the web
service environment. There is a java tool called
AdminClient which takes service definition in the form
of a wsdd file. This tool deploys the service on the
server.

HTH.

Samir

http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/install.html#Step2SettingUpTheLibraries