Hi Samir,

Please look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAVAN-4
I've attached a couple of patches that should fix the
savan-config.xml issue that I described below.

leon

Leon Searl wrote:
Hi Samir,

I've made several changes.

- There was a problem with the module class
  loader looking for the savan-config.xml
  file in the jar file. The config file does not get
  included in the jar if you do a clean build.
  Although it will get included in the jar if
  you do two builds in a row without a clean
  in between.
  I changed the module class init function to
  only look for the savan-config.xml in the mar
  file.

- It is redundant to have all of the classes in
  both the jar and mar files. I made a change
  so that only the savan-module.class was in the
  mar.

- I made a change to support using ADB for the
  client, publisher and subscriber.

- I was not able to make the sample work. I
  think that something must have changed
  in axis2 1.3 to stop it from working.
  Everything works until the published messaged
  message gets to the subscriber. The message is
  getting dropped somewhere just before the
  business logic would get invoked. I believe
  that it has something to do with addressing
  being 'on' on the publisher out side but addressing
  not being 'on' in the subscriber. But
  I'm not sure about this.

leon

samir shaikh wrote:
Leon,

I was able to make it work finally!

Just curious, what changes are you making to Savan...
anything that is needed to get WS-Eventing going?

Samir

--- Leon Searl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Samir,

I have significantly modified
Savan so I don't have a stock jar and mar.
I'm reluctant to give you my modified Savan
since I'm sure it has bugs.

leon

samir shaikh wrote:
Leon,

I'm having trouble getting maven to work thru my
proxy.

Can you send me the compiled jar and mar you
mention
below?

I'm assuming they'll be exactly the same if i were
get mvn working also.

Samir

--- Leon Searl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Samir,

Yes, although I have not used the mar or jar yet
so I dont know if it has any problems.

In the trunk/java directory I did the following
command:
mvn package
The mar shows up in:
trunk/java/modules/mar/target/savan-SNAPSHOT.mar

The jar (for the service and client API) shows up
in
trunk/java/modules/core/target/savan-SNAPSHOT.jar

The sample code gets compiled and shows up in:

trunk/java/modules/samples/target/savan-samples-SNAPSHOT.jar
This requires that you have maven installed. I'm
also
using java 1.5.

I hope this helps.

Maybe tomorrow I'll actually try my own service
and
client/service
to see if I can get it to work.

Other than the javadocs I have not found any
other
documentation
so you are on your own there unless someone tells
us
where to find
some documentation. Looking at the javadocs and
the
example the API
does not look too hard to figure out though.

leon

samir shaikh wrote:
Hi Leon,

Are you able to build the mar module file?

Thanks,
Samir

--- Leon Searl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Samir,

I just did this today.

Go to

http://ws.apache.org/savan/source-repository.html
and do the Anonymouse access svn checkout.

Down in the directory
savan/trunk/java/modules/samples/eventing/

you will find an example:

leon

samir shaikh wrote:
Does anyone have any sample code for
WS-Eventing
in
Axis2.. Some server and client sample code
will
be
great.

--- Michele Mazzucco