Hi Samir,
Embedded comments...
> Hi Leon,
>
> I was able to get around to the service not executing
> the function by defining a simple servlet as the event
> listeners vs. using the listener service in the sample
> code.
>
> I see a SOAP message as an event, do you of a way to
> tweek this to get a simple xml.

You have entered an area that I have not ventured into.
I can't help you here.

> What advantage did you get by moving from AXIOM to
> ADB.

All of the clients an services that I've written have been using
ADB so I wanted to continue using it for eventing. The
only advantage is the one of having the data bound for you
(by the stub and message receiver) instead of having to do it
yourself.

leon

> Samir
>
> --- Leon Searl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Samir,
>>
>> No we are getting into an area that I am not very
>> familiar with.
>>
>> I saw the same behavior with the savan sample.
>> I turned on a whole bunch of debugging and found
>> out that the publication message within the
>> listener service was getting
>> through most of the phases but seemed to be
>> getting dropped at the point where
>> axis2 uses reflection to try to find the method
>> in the service implementation class to invoke for
>> the operation. I did not look any further
>> to try to determine what the problem was.
>>
>> I made a whole bunch of changes to savan to
>> support services and clients using ADB instead
>> of Axiom which
>> seems to have solved the problem for me.
>>
>> leon
>>
>> samir shaikh wrote:
>> > Leon,
>> >
>> > I was just hoping to include a payload in the
>> > subscribe request... but apparently as per the
>> > specification thats not the way this is supposed
>> > work.
>> >
>> > I also noticed that it looks like fireandforget
>> method
>> > is used for publishing events to the event
>> listener.
>> > In my case the event does not appear to be getting
>> > processed by the listener even though a Http
>> Status
>> > code is being returned by the ListenerService.
>> >
>> > I suspect this because I can see the same behavior
>> > when I do a fireandforget vs. a sendRecieve from
>> my
>> > subscriber client.
>> >
>> > Any ideas or configuration on the web server or on
>> > savan to get around to this?
>> >
>> > Samir

>> data
>> service

>> fix

>> not
>> mar

>> in
>> the

>> messaged
>> is

>> thru

>> you

>> jar
>>
> === message truncated ===

Leon S. Searl
Information and Telecommunication Technology Center, University of Kansas
Nichols Hall, 2335 Irving Hill Road, Lawrence, KS 66045-7612
Ph: 785-864-7820     Fax: 785-864-0387