The groupId has changed from the documentation, I think. Plugins will be
downloaded when needed. They are available. e.g. in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/axis2/
Here is a pom.xml which worked for wsdl2code plugin sometime back. This will
generate the code in the generate source phase.

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
 <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
 <groupId>com.test</groupId>
 <artifactId>hello</artifactId>
 <packaging>jar</packaging>
 <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
 <name>hello</name>
 <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
 <dependencies>
   <dependency>
     <groupId>junit</groupId>
     <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
     <version>3.8.1</version>
     <scope>test</scope>
   </dependency>
 </dependencies>
       <build>
               <plugins>
                       <plugin>
                               <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>

<artifactId>axis2-wsdl2code-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                               <version>1.3</version>
                               <executions>
                                       <execution>
                                               <goals>

<goal>wsdl2code</goal>
                                               </goals>
                                               <configuration>
                                                       <packageName>
com.test.service</packageName>
                                               </configuration>
                                       </execution>
                               </executions>
                       </plugin>
               </plugins>
       </build>
</project>

To generate the aar, following works directly.

mvn org.apache.axis2:axis2-aar-maven-plugin:1.3:aar

Check for customizations in the document. Hope this helps.

Upul