Hi Cathal

Would you be interested in contributing this code? Does your solution support service deployment/undeployment?

asankha

asankha

callagc4 wrote:
Hi George,

Yes we are currently using JMS in WAS 6.1. We chose to go with the MDB
approach. It seems that this is IBM's recommended approach to take. What
this entailed for us was to basically rewrite the axis2 JMSMessageReceiver
class. We deploy an MDB per service. This MDB then forwards the message
request into our version of the JMSMessagereciever which looks after passing
the message into the AxisEngine.
Hope this helps,
Cathal

Marrows, George A (GE Infra, Energy) wrote:
Hi Cathal --

I see from your more recent mails that you are up and running with Axis2
on JMS. Is that still under WAS 6.1? If so, I'm curious what deployment
approach you took in the end - was it 1) MDBs or 2) changing the Axis2
code to not use setMessageListener or 3) something else?

Hi Axis2 team --
Given Cathal's problem below (which I see also), what is the correct way
to deploy Axis2 with JMS transport in in an app server that complies
with the J2EE 1.4 spec? https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-1069
(Message Driven Bean as JMS listener) was closed recently as won't fix,
which suggest you don't want to support the MDB approach. Is that
correct?

Thanks all!

-- George