Theoretically Axis2 MTOM implementation has support for POX+MTOM due to it's
tight binding to the XML object model. But I have never tested it nor scene
it used.  If it works, the message will go inside a MIME package same as in
SOAP+MTOM but without the SOAP envelope & body elements.

But I would recomend you to use full MTOM+SOAP if that is a possibility..
With file caching enabled, Axis2 can handle attachements of virtually any
size (memory is not a limitation).

thanks,
Thilina

--