To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Null EndpointDescription Parameter in JAXWSMessageReceiver
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:43:48 +0100

Hi Ben,

I am not sure if this still works. You
might be better off repackaging your service as a jar file, and dropping
it in your axis2_home/repository/servicejars directory. The JAXWSDeployer
will examine all jars within that directory and deploy those classes that
have JAX-WS annotations which identify them as web services. You won't
need a service.xml file.

Cheers

Brian DePradine

Web Services Development

IBM Hursley

External  +44 (0) 1962 816319         Internal
246319

If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?

"Ben Reif" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
on 16/09/2008 21:08:16:

> I am using Axis2 1.4 and I have JAXWS Web Services deployed in *.aar

> files. I have the JAXWSMessageReceiver configured in the service.

> xml, but get an exception because the EndpointDescription parameter

> in the service is null and it tries to do this:

> Parameter endpointDescParam =

  service.getParameter(EndpointDescription.

> AXIS_SERVICE_PARAMETER);

>         if (endpointDescParam
== null) {

>             throw
new RuntimeException(Messages.getMessage(

> "JAXWSMessageReceiverNoServiceClass"));

>         }

> Does anyone know how this gets set? It seems
like the only place

> I've found is in EndpointDescriptionImpl.addToAxisService(), but

> what do I need to do to get this logic to be called?

> Thanks,

> Ben

Unless stated otherwise above:

741598.

Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6
3AU