Here is what I found:
        1.) When I used Axis2 Eclipse Codegen plugins (Generate Java source code
from WSDL file) to generate code from this WSDL, it didn't allow me.
                It kept throwing me an error -
                        "An error occurred while completing the process -
java.lang.InterruptedException
                         No element type is defind for the message xxxxx"
        2.) Then, I switched to CXF 2.0.8 and tried to generate the client as I
did
with Axis2 and surprisingly, it got through and created the client side
stubs.
                CXF doesn't see this WSDL as a bad one.

                Please correct me if I'm wrong. To my knowledge, when you
define "type"
attribute for the "message" and not the "element" attribute then it has to
be an "rpc" style.
                Axis2 knows it but CXF ignores it.

                Can anyone let me know why there's a difference in handling the
WSDLs?
                If I modify the WSDL as Axis2 wants me to and generate just the
client and
hit the service (which is already existing), will I still be able to
succeed?

Here is the WSDL I'm talking about:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="urn:login.safe.two.us"
        xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap";
        xmlns:impl="urn:login.safe.two.us"
        xmlns:intf="urn:login.safe.two.us"
        xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";
        xmlns:wsdlsoap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/";
        xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
        <wsdl:types>
                <schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
                        targetNamespace="urn:login.safe.two.us"
                        xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>

                        <complexType name="TestLoginType">
                                <sequence>
                                        <element name="eid" maxOccurs="1"
minOccurs="1" type="xsd:string" />
                                        <element name="key" nillable="true"
type="xsd:string" />
                                </sequence>
                        </complexType>

                        <complexType name="TestLoginTypeResponse">
                                <sequence>
                                        <element name="failedReason"
nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
                                        <element name="status"
type="xsd:boolean" />
                                </sequence>
                        </complexType>

                </schema>
        </wsdl:types>

        <wsdl:message name="testLoginRequest">
                <wsdl:part name="testLoginRequestAttributes"
type="impl:TestLoginType"/>
        </wsdl:message>

        <wsdl:message name="testLoginResponse">
                <wsdl:part name="testLoginResponseAttributes"
type="impl:TestLoginTypeResponse"/>
        </wsdl:message>

        <wsdl:portType name="LoginServicePortType">
                <wsdl:operation name="testLogin">
                        <wsdl:input message="impl:testLoginRequest"
name="testLoginRequest" />
                        <wsdl:output message="impl:testLoginResponse"
name="testLoginResponse" />
                </wsdl:operation>
        </wsdl:portType>

        <wsdl:binding name="LoginServiceSoapBinding"
type="impl:LoginServicePortType">
                <wsdlsoap:binding style="document"
transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"; />
                <wsdl:operation name="testLogin">
                        <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction="" />
                        <wsdl:input name="testLoginRequest">
                                <wsdlsoap:body use="literal" />
                        </wsdl:input>
                        <wsdl:output name="testLoginResponse">
                                <wsdlsoap:body use="literal" />
                        </wsdl:output>
                </wsdl:operation>
        </wsdl:binding>

        <wsdl:service name="LoginService">
                <wsdl:port binding="impl:LoginServiceSoapBinding"
name="LoginService">
                        <wsdlsoap:address
location="http://JISLOGINDEV:8080/JisAuthentication/services/safelogin"; />

                </wsdl:port>