On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 6:57 PM, jackdawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I posted in there too. They say that it's not mandatory to follow the WS-I
> basic profile as they are just guidelines and this is what they exactly
> said:
>

> http://www.nabble.com/Axis2-and-CXF---Handling-WSDLs-differently-to19696717.html
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Axis2-and-CXF---Handling-WSDLs-differently-to19696717.html

Interesting replies on the CXF list. Its true that its not required for a
WSDL to be WS-I  compliant to be valid. But irrespective of what WS-I says I
think this WSDL is invalid (According to the WSDL spec). Section 3.4 [1] of
the WSDL spec states that "The *style* attribute indicates whether the
operation is RPC-oriented (messages containing parameters and return values)
or document-oriented (message containing document(s))." It clearly states
there that referring to types from a part is RPC and referring to elements
from a part is document style.

I don't see how its possible for parts to be RPC and the binding to be
document. This sure could be confusing and this is the very reason why WSDL
2.0 got rid of this mess. In WSDL 2.0 everything is doc/lit.

Thanks,
Keith.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl#_soap:operation