Nandana,
Your example services looks like mine except for the inclusion of the rampart encryption stuff and the fact that I pass the x509 certificate in the message.

I write both a services.xml and OSCARS.wsdl and then use wsdl2java. As a side effect a new services.xml and OSCARS.wsdl are written to a resources directory. The new services.xml has no policy information, but the new OSCARS.wsdl does have the correct policyReference elements.
We include the original files in our aar, not the generated ones.

Unfortunately my generated client Stub only includes the binding-level policy for the _operation.getMessage MESSAGE_LABEL_IN_VALUE, and does not even include an _operation for MESSAGE_LABEL_OUT_VALUE. It looks like wsdl2java didn't recognize the <wsp:PolicyReference URI="#signedMsgPolicy"/> and just dropped the input element. At least when I included the policy in each input element, it generated the OUT_VALUE operation.

How did you create the SimpleServiceStub? It says it was auto-generated from WSDL, but you did not include a WSDL in the example. Does the wsdl2java included in axis 1.4.1 work out of the box or does it need to become "rampart aware" in some way?

I'll try to run your example in my tomcat environment and see what happens.

Mary

Nandana Mihindukulasooriya wrote:
Hi Mary,

    Has anyone had success in attaching ws-policy at the message level
    in the xml.services file? I am trying to get the request  messages
    signed and time stamped and the response messages just time stamped.

I just tested this scenario with Axis2 1.4.1 and Rampart nightly build and worked as expected for me. I have attached the service [1] that I tested for your reference. I also included the SOAP messages for each of the scenarios I have tested. However in the response also, time stamp will be signed.
    I have followed Nandana's tutorial at https://wso2.org/library/3786
    and used the following PolicyAttachement element
    The service seems to just ignore the signedParts. E.g when I send it
    a non-signed body it does not reject the message. Just to see what
    was happening, I tried attaching the policy to the response message
    and it did not sign the response.

When you attach the policies as you have described above using the services.xml, do they appear on the generated WSDL ?

thanks,
nandana

[1] - https://wso2.org/repos/wso2/people/nandana/demo-service/demo-service.zip

--