On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Andrea Rossi <rossi.andrea1...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I must do (for my job) one application that call some service of web
> service. I have use the axis2 library on client side but i dont'know if
> axis2 library are instelled on server side.
> My question is, my application run properly only if the axis2 library are
> installed on server side? (independently from the server side container).

No. Server side can have any web services engine which is according to WS-*
standards. SOAP is the standard protocol through which web service messages
are sent. If you have used Axis2 for your client, Axis2 sends a SOAP message
to the service. The web service engine on the server side (can be Axis2 or
any other engine) processes your SOAP request and sends a SOAP response to
you. Axis2 interoperates with number of web service implementations.
Therefore you don't have to worry about the web service engine on the other
side.

So the simple answer to your question is, it's not a must to have Axis2 on
the server side.

Thanks,
~Isuru