General observation on NPE. Might apply to your case, Shalk, or it might not.

I sometimes found NPEs in the execution of generated code when I wasn't
careful to exactly match the axis2 version used for generation with the
version used at runtime. (missing/renamed member variables, missing/renamed
methods, etc)

Regards,

Michael