"wsdl2java" could use xmlbeans  when you invoking it to map wsdl objects in
java beans.

You can use SOAPUI , a GUI to automate webservice code generation using
Axis1 o 2 (and not only axis), to do that.

So on generated classes you can manipulate objects using get & set, so
xmlBeans is transparent to the programmer, you can see it just as included
packeges in generated classes.

I hope to be more clear.

Bye
Olindo