For what it's worth, I had the same levels of JDK, Tomcat, and Axis and had
the same symptoms. So either we're both making the same mistake or there's
a bug someplace.

I think I'm gonna back off to a 3.x level of Tomcat.....

At 02:48 PM 2/18/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>I also need help with AXIS and Tomcat 4.
>Ive setted up JDK 1.3.1 (because of the 1.4 Bugs (see Cocoon)) and
>Tomcat 4 final - after Accessing the
>AxisServlet Ive got :
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>at
>org.apache.axis.deployment.SimpleDeploymentManager.(SimpleDeploymentManager.java:110)
>at
>org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.SimpleWsddDeploymentManager.(SimpleWsddDeploymentManager.java:66)
>at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.(AxisEngine.java:101)
>
>the same at the AdminPanel.
>
>But theres no information, which Class isnt found !?
>The installation was only copying the webapps directory to the
>tomcat4/webapps directory, starting catalina via catalina.sh start
>
>Any ideas ?
>

>On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 14:32, Chauviaux, Patrick wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I had previously installed AXIS SOAP on the jakarta-tomcat server version
> > 3.2.2. and it works well.
> > Now I have installed the jakarta-tomcat server version 4.0.2. and it
> doesn't
> > work.When I make a SOAP call to the server I have the following exception:
> >     Caught SOAPException:; nested exception is:
> >         org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope namespace:
> >
> > Can someone help me? It could be that the context is not in the right place
> > in the server.xml file. What should be the context and where should I put
> > it?
> >
> > Please answer ASAP. Thanks.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Patrick
>--
>Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
>Sascha Kulawik
>Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Tel:  +49 (172) 4318354
>
>Lustige Variablennamen erheitern den Programmierer
>Send with Evolution under Debian 3.0 (GNU/Linux 2.4.16-K7)

Calvin Powers                                             current events
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                            cultural phenomena
http://www.cspowers.com/                                    true stories
"The revolution will not be televised."   http://www.StuckInTraffic.com/