I've seen performance slow-downs when comparing Axis to Apache SOAP. I
haven't taken the time to look into the Axis code but I will do so in the
next few weeks and I'll post what I find here.

I put together a Performance Kit to let people test Web Services for
scalability and performance. The kit uses my open-source TestMaker utility.
Details are at:

http://www.pushtotest.com/ptt/kits/saskit.html

-Frank

--
Frank Cohen, Founder, http://www.PushToTest.com, phone: 408 374 7426

PushToTest offers free open-source test software and global services
solutions that test, monitor and automate Web Service systems for
functionality, scalability and performance.