From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 7:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Excessive Latency for Axis processing

I had a similar experience.

I re-wrote a couple of services I had done with Apache SOAP. Similarly, they sent a bean of values as input and returned an array of beans, and used BeanSerializers for all classes. The request was < 2 Kb in size and the response was around 60 Kb.

I don't remember the exact times now, but the round trip times went something like this: a raw text stream over HTTP ran around 300 ms, the Apache SOAP version took somewhere around 1000 ms, and Axis took 3000 ms. I can't say if this is "normal" or not. But Axis was definitely orders of magnitude slower that the Apache SOAP versions.

"Shellman, Joel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

02/05/2003 12:11 PM
Please respond to axis-user