From: Maurizio Sciglio [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 8:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: DIME & Axis

Hi all.

I'm trying to download a file from a Web Service written in Java. In order
to allow .NET clients to use this service I thought to use DIME for SOAP
attachment. Sam Brow has submitted to this mailing list a message writing
about this topic. Unfortunately in his example he simply sends back to the
client the files attached within the request.
This is the code I'm using :
  public void SendImage(String filename) {
    FileDataSource fds=new FileDataSource(namefile);
    DataHandler dh=new DataHandler(fds);
    AttachmentPart ap=new AttachmentPart(dh);

    MessageContext context=MessageContext.getCurrentContext();
    Message responseMessage=context.getResponseMessage();
    responseMessage.addAttachmentPart(ap);

  }

This simple Web Service method should send back to the client a file whose
name is the parameter "filename". Doing this way the service doesn't work.
Inspecting the SOAP messages I've understood why it doesn't work. The
response is sent back to the .NET client in MIME format.
How can I do the same thing in DIME? Where can I specify the content-type of
the response message?

Please help me soon, It's very important for me.

Thanks in advance.

Maurizio Sciglio