Bill de hÓra wrote:

Brain, Jim wrote:

Reason: XPP is tuned for SOAP and structured XML work, where the whitespace
and CRLF marks can be assumed to be there for prettiness only, and have no
code value.

So XPP isn't a compliant XML parser?
AFAIK XPP has always reported whitespace properly. Glue's Electric XML is the only parser I know of that discards whitespace between elements (though this may have become an option rather than hardwired behavior in recent versions).

XPP3 is the current version of the XPP parser. XPP3 implements the XMLPull interface (http://www.xmlpull.org) and is compliant with the XML specification except with respect to DTDs and related issues (general entities, etc.). These generally aren't used for data-oriented XML, and I think they're actually forbidden by SOAP.

- Dennis