I have been trying to deploy a web service using Axis for the past week or so but without any success.  I am using Tomcat 4.1.18 and Axis 1.0.

I am getting the following error when the AdminClient is used at the command line, i.e. java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDocument.<init>(WSDDDocument.java
:104)
        at org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.configureEngine(FileProvid
er.java:210)
        at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.init(AxisEngine.java:188)
        at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.<init>(AxisEngine.java:173)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.<init>(AxisClient.java:90)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:143)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:152)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.<init>(AdminClient.java:123)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.main(AdminClient.java:339)
I know the Axis server has been deployed as I am able to see the happyaxis.jsp.  I can also view the WSDLs of the Admin Service and the Version service.  I tried deploying a webservice using instant deployment.   I am able to view the wsdl for http://localhost/axis/StockQuoteService.jws?wsdl
but when http://localhost/axis/StockQuoteService.jws is executed, I get the following error

AXIS error

No service is available at this URL

I am a little confused when a lot of the axis-user community constantly refer to updates to the "server-config.wsdd".  In fact, I noticed that even the Tomcat server reports the following warning.

"Problem with servlet engine config file: /WEB-INF/server-config.wsd"

All I see under %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\axis\WEB-INF is web.xml.

First of all, in the zip file that I downloaded, the only server-config.wsdd that was available was for the jms examples.

Any help from anyone who has input/experience in this area  would be greatly appreciated.  It would also be helpful if someone could point me in a direction where I could get the appropriate server-config.wsdd file.

Thanks.

-Sharmila Sekaran