On 3/20/03 02:36 PM David Ekholm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thank you for taking time trying to resolve this. I totally agree that
> the Orion team are probably too rich by now. We haven't got any answers
> from them for a long time either :-/

It looks like the orion team just came back. They tend to shut down
communication during winter, and show up with a new release at spring. So I
decided to play around with new release 2.0 and its classloaders. Orion
seems to behave as expected, even with shared libraries and shared ejb-jar
files. I have referenced from two different application.xml's one shared lib
and one shared ejb archive and was unable to reproduce your problem (without
using axis). I used an "exploded EAR" layout.

> [Your approach]

I understand your strategy, but I still don't get the relation to axis. How
does axis influence your application? Are you unable to access the correct
static attribute from your Web Service Binding Implementation? If yes, are
you able to get the correct static attribute value by calling your EJBs from
your init servlet? If both applies to true, it might be an Axis problem
indeed, and then you should provide an example which allows me to reproduce
the problem.

Jens

Two side notes:
- I think you mentioned it, but your approach isn't cluster capable at all
;).
- I might be wrong, but you deploy your shared EJBs using the same name at
least two times, right? If so, be warned that this will work on orion, but
will cause naming problems on other app servers , since you can't use the
same JNDI name more than once on most JNDI implementations.