Forgive me. Bug 8435 concerns how to go from an enum type in a WSDL to Java.
Not how to emulate an enum type in Java and then produce a WSDL from it.

Still wondering about java.util.List and the like.

Mitch Gitman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jim,
There seem to be two separate issues here.

The one (which bug 8435 addresses) is how to emulate an enumeration type,
which of course is not natively supported in Java. I could have sworn recently
I saw (maybe on this list) a roundabout example how to code a Java class that
Axis would recognize as an enumeration. The class made use of public constants
together with getters/setters. It would be helpful if bug 8435’s text was
amended with this example.

The other issue (which you appear to be interested in) concerns support for
the collections classes/interfaces in the java.util package. It seems to me
that collections should NOT be supported because such support is not
prescribed by JAX-RPC 1.0. Literal arrays with [] only.

However, I have experimented with Axis 1.1 RC2 and noticed that Java2WSDL does
try to deal with a java.util.ArrayList and the like. My generated WSDL winds
up with the following:
<complexType name="Array">
___<complexContent>
______<restriction base="soapenc:Array">
_________<attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="" />
______</restriction>
___</complexContent>
</complexType>

This type seems meaningless and potentially dangerous because it’s an array
of what? The wsdl:arrayType=“”. I’m curious what else needs to be done
to get this to work. Not that it necessarily should work, though.

"Brain, Jim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Does anyone know if:

Bugzilla Bug 8435
  [xsd:list] WSDL2Java doesn't handle schema <list> enumerations

has been fixed.  I don't know how current Bugzilla is, though I concerned it
is, as this seems to preclude the use of AXIS for our project (makes heavy
use of Lists)

Jim

Jim Brain, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"Researching tomorrow's decisions today."
(319) 369-2070 (work)
Systems Architect, ITS, AEGON Financial Partners