Well I'm not sure based on the error that you got but one thing I noticed is that your Student class doesn't implement serializable.

Bill

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to return an array of beans, and am having problems. I'm using
axis 1.1 rc2. The first message I got was that my student class had no
registered serializer, so I added this to my deploy.wsdd:

 <beanMapping
        qname="myNS:com.greenpulse.demo.model.Student"
        xmlns:myNS="urn:BeanService"
        languageSpecificType="java:com.greenpulse.demo.model.Student"
 />

Then I got a message about their being no registered deserializer, so I
added this to my simple client class:

 call.registerTypeMapping(Student.class,
     new QName("urn:BeanService",
       "com.greenpulse.demo.model.Student"),
     BeanSerializerFactory.class,
     BeanDeserializerFactory.class);

However, this didn't help.

So, I'm lost, and would appreciate some help :-)

Here's my java and deployment files:

TIA -- Bryan

Main:
private static void getStudents(String search) throws ServiceException,
RemoteException
{
     System.out.println("Getting students");
     Service service = new Service();
     call.registerTypeMapping(Student.class,
            new QName("urn:BeanService",
              "com.greenpulse.demo.model.Student"),
            BeanSerializerFactory.class,
            BeanDeserializerFactory.class);

     call.setTargetEndpointAddress(ADDRESS);
     call.setOperation("getByName");
     String[] args = {search};
     System.out.println("invoking");
     Object o = call.invoke(args);
     System.out.println("o = " + o);
}

--

Students.java
package com.greenpulse.demo.model;

import java.util.Vector;

public class Students
{
     public Vector getByName(String name)
     {
           Vector v = new Vector();
           for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
                 v.add(new Student("id " + i,
                                                     "male",
                                                     "25/12/1980",
                                                     "En",
                                                     "comment " + i,
                                                     "email" + i + "
@nowhere.com",
                                                     "Mr",
                                                     "family " + i,
                                                     "given " + i));
           return v;
     }
}

--
Student.java
package com.greenpulse.demo.model;

import java.io.Serializable;

/**
* Correspondence School (c) 2003 All rights reserved
* www.demo.greenpulse.com
*/
public class Student
{
     private String studentID;
     private String gender;
     private String birthDate;
     private String FirstLanguage;
     private String comment;
     private String email;
     private String title;
     private String familyName;
     private String givenNames;

     public Student()
     {
     }

     public Student(String studentID, String gender, String birthDate,
String firstLanguage, String comment, String email, String title, String
familyName, String givenNames)
     {
           this.setStudentID(studentID);
           this.setGender(gender);
           this.setBirthDate(birthDate);
           this.setFirstLanguage(firstLanguage);
           this.setComment(comment);
           this.setEmail(email);
           this.setTitle(title);
           this.setFamilyName(familyName);
           this.setGivenNames(givenNames);
     }

     public String getStudentID()
     {
           return studentID;
     }

     public void setStudentID(String studentID)
     {
           this.studentID = studentID;
     }

     public String getGender()
     {
           return gender;
     }

     public void setGender(String gender)
     {
           this.gender = gender;
     }

     public String getBirthDate()
     {
           return birthDate;
     }

     public void setBirthDate(String birthDate)
     {
           this.birthDate = birthDate;
     }

     public String getFirstLanguage()
     {
           return FirstLanguage;
     }

     public void setFirstLanguage(String firstLanguage)
     {
           FirstLanguage = firstLanguage;
     }

     public String getComment()
     {
           return comment;
     }

     public void setComment(String comment)
     {
           this.comment = comment;
     }

     public String getEmail()
     {
           return email;
     }

     public void setEmail(String email)
     {
           this.email = email;
     }

     public String getTitle()
     {
           return title;
     }

     public void setTitle(String title)
     {
           this.title = title;
     }

     public String getFamilyName()
     {
           return familyName;
     }

     public void setFamilyName(String familyName)
     {
           this.familyName = familyName;
     }

     public String getGivenNames()
     {
           return givenNames;
     }

     public void setGivenNames(String givenNames)
     {
           this.givenNames = givenNames;
     }

     public String toString()