Hiya,

The exact error message is:

  No deserializer for {urn:BeanService}com.greenpulse.demo.model.Student

Here's the client code and the wsdd file:

WSDD:
<deployment xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"; xmlns:java
="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java";>
      <service name="students2" provider="java:RPC" style="rpc" use
="encoded">
            <parameter name="className" value
="com.greenpulse.demo.model.Students"/>
            <beanMapping qname="myNS:com.greenpulse.demo.model.Student"
xmlns:myNS="urn:BeanService" languageSpecificType
="java:com.greenpulse.demo.model.Student"/>
      </service>
</deployment>

client method:
private static void getStudents(String search) throws ServiceException,
RemoteException
{
      System.out.println("Getting students");
      Service service = new Service();
      call.registerTypeMapping(Student.class,
      new QName("urn:BeanService",
         "com.greenpulse.demo.model.Student"),
        BeanSerializerFactory.class,
        BeanDeserializerFactory.class, true);

      call.setTargetEndpointAddress(ADDRESS);
      call.setOperation("getByName");
      String[] args = {search};
      System.out.println("invoking");
      Object o = call.invoke(args);
      System.out.println("o = " + o);
}

And, here's the signature for the method that's being called on Students:

      public Vector getByName(String name)

Cheers,

Bryan

                      Venkatesh Kancharla

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      nomics.com>                cc:

                                                 Subject:  Re: Unregistered
Deserializer???
                      10/06/2003 05:51

                      p.m.

                      Please respond to

                      axis-user

Can you post your deploy.wsdd file?? and client code..
You have to add a type mapping for Vector at the client side.

Venkatesh Kancharla
Associate (Software)
Strand Genomics (http://www.strandgenomics.com)
Bangalore, India

Ph no: 3618992,93, 94, 95 (ext-210)

      If Necessity Is the Mother of Invention,
         then frustration Is Its Father
                                                       -unknown

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Venkatesh,
>
> I've just tried your idea, and it doesn't seem to work for me. I've added
> bean mapping for java.util.Vector, as you suggested, following the model
> from the code I originally posted, and I've added another
> registerTypeMapping to call for Vector using VectorSerialiser and
> VectorDeserialiser. I'm still getting the same error, which is telling me
> that there is no deserialiser for Student.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bryan
>

>                       Venkatesh Kancharla

>                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                       nomics.com>                cc:

>                                                  Subject:  Re:
Unregistered Deserializer???
> [...]

> > added this to my simple client class:
> >
> >   call.registerTypeMapping(Student.class,
> >       new QName("urn:BeanService",
> >         "com.greenpulse.demo.model.Student"),
> >       BeanSerializerFactory.class,
> >       BeanDeserializerFactory.class);
> >

> > However, this didn't help.
> >
> > So, I'm lost, and would appreciate some help :-)
> >
> > Here's my java and deployment files:
> >
> > TIA -- Bryan
> >
> > Main:
> > private static void getStudents(String search) throws ServiceException,
> > RemoteException
> > {
> >       System.out.println("Getting students");
> >       Service service = new Service();
> >       Call call = (Call) service.createCall();
> >       call.registerTypeMapping(Student.class,
> >              new QName("urn:BeanService",
> >                "com.greenpulse.demo.model.Student"),
> >              BeanSerializerFactory.class,
> >              BeanDeserializerFactory.class);
> >
> >       call.setTargetEndpointAddress(ADDRESS);
> >       call.setOperation("getByName");
> >       String[] args = {search};
> >       System.out.println("invoking");
> >       Object o = call.invoke(args);
> >       System.out.println("o = " + o);
> > }
> >
> > --
> >
> > Students.java
> > package com.greenpulse.demo.model;
> >
> > import java.util.Vector;
> >
> > public class Students
> > {
> >       public Vector getByName(String name)
> >       {
> >             Vector v = new Vector();
> >             for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
> >                   v.add(new Student("id " + i,
> >                                                       "male",
> >                                                       "25/12/1980",
> >                                                       "En",
> >                                                       "comment " + i,
> >                                                       "email" + i + "
> > @nowhere.com",
> >                                                       "Mr",
> >                                                       "family " + i,
> >                                                       "given " + i));
> >             return v;
> >       }
> > }
> >
> > --
> > Student.java
> > package com.greenpulse.demo.model;
> >
> > import java.io.Serializable;
> >
> > /**
> >  * Correspondence School (c) 2003 All rights reserved
> >  * www.demo.greenpulse.com
> >  */
> > public class Student
> > {
> >       private String studentID;
> >       private String gender;
> >       private String birthDate;
> >       private String FirstLanguage;
> >       private String comment;
> >       private String email;
> >       private String title;
> >       private String familyName;
> >       private String givenNames;
> >
> >       public Student()
> >       {
> >       }
> >
> >       public Student(String studentID, String gender, String birthDate,
> > String firstLanguage, String comment, String email, String title,
String