Olaf Goerlitz wrote:

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Srinath Perera wrote:

I belive the Axis does not work on **/tomcat/common/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar!**
PLS correct me if I am wrong.
These staff are for (common) for tomcat to work, axis is a application on
TomCat(Remember). What matter is what in WEB-INF. (WEB-INF/lib)

Hi Olaf,

I assume Axis is following the system of class loader of tomcat .
you should read this:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/class-loader-howto.html

and especially the class loader "common" and the note at the end of the page about jdk 1.4.
As Srinath Perera notice, you should have a try in putting gnujax classes in axis/WEB-INF/lib
in order to override the common setting.

Regards

Xavier

Actually, I don't know which JAXP implementation is used by AXIS.
There is no JAXP implementation jar in ../tomcat/webapp/axis/WEB-INF/lib/
(or am I wrong?). So I supposed AXIS would use Tomcat's Xerces.
But I just realized that I'm running jdk 1.4.2 so it might use the jdk's
crimson parser...!?

To clarify my original problem:
Is it possible to deploy a web service that uses a different JAXP parser
(e.g. the Gnu JAXP parser: http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/jaxp/)
than the AXIS runtime? And if so how do I avoid the library conflict?

Thanks again.
Olaf