Hello

That's exactly what I am doing ! But It's not working !!
But I didn't find a solution yet. Maybe am I doing someting wrong...

I have a client-config.wsdd, axis generated Stub and Service
Implementation.
I think that we mmight use the
<Generated>ServiceLocator.setEngineConfiguration method with a
FileProvider("path/2/client-config.wsdd") as argument.

I drop here a little code snippet to show you :

client-config.wsdd
-------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deployment xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/";
xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java";>
    <service name="AddressBookService" provider="java:RPC">
            <requestFlow>
                  <handler
type="java:org.objectweb.ws.handlers.SimpleHandler"/>
            </requestFlow>
            <responseFlow>
                  <handler
type="java:org.objectweb.ws.handlers.SimpleHandler"/>
            </responseFlow>
    </service>
      <transport name="java"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.java.JavaSender"/>
      <transport name="http"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender"/>
      <transport name="local"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalSender"/>
</deployment>
-------------------

Java class :
--------------
        abServ = new AddressBookServiceLocator();

        /* set the configuration here */
        String path = System.getProperty("addressbook.dir") + "/../ab_client/";
        try {
            path = new File(path).getCanonicalPath() + "/";
        }
        catch(Exception e) {
            System.err.println("IOError on " + path);
        }
        EngineConfiguration conf = new FileProvider(path +
"client-config.wsdd");
        System.out.println("file used : " + path + "client-config.wsdd conf=" +
conf);
        try {
            // Configuration of the engine by the config object
            conf.configureEngine(service.getEngine());
            // try to get some objects to see if EngineConfig is OK
            SOAPService service = conf.getService(new
QName("AddressBookService"));
            Handler handler = conf.getHandler(new QName("simple"));

            if (service == null)
                System.out.println("Service null");

            if (handler == null)
                System.out.println("handler null");
        } catch (ConfigurationException ce) {
            System.err.println("ConfError");
        }

        try {
            ab = abServ.getAddressBookService();
        }
        catch(javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException se) {
            se.printStackTrace(System.err);
        }