No, this is not allowed as of WSDL1.2 and rightly so, it causes immense confusion with dynamic systems such as workflow engines (our project). Under WSDL1.1 I believe it was allowed but fortunately someone saw sense and removed it.

Cheers,

Tom Oinn

http://taverna.sf.net

I-Sampige, Srinivas wrote:

Does SOAP support overloading? If I want to expose two methods-

       1.        sayHello(String firstName)
       2.        sayHello(String firstName, String lastName)

Then how do I do it in AXIS. Can somebody point me to some samples and materials where I can learn more about this aspect of web services? I haven't been able to find much information about this on the web.

Thanks
Srinivas