Keith Hatton wrote:

Thanks for your ideas, Rodrigo. I am going to sleep on it.

I like the idea as it forms a design pattern and as you say, allows the client to take a more standard approach to the service, and also because over the past few days I have discovered some of the delights of working with stateful EJBs through Web Services (having also discovered the non-delights of other providers not supporting them at all). The downside as I see it, is not so much the writing of code (I seem to be doing a lot of that anyway - our value objects are not generally straightforward Java Beans), but that "management" believes that exposing all the EJBs as Web Services is a 5-minute task. (I think I'll omit to mention the base64-encoding of the EJB handle, as base64 always gets the folks round here "excited", if you know what I mean).

I totally understand you. 5 minutes is a very common number in the description of my tasks ;-)

Best regards,
Rodrigo

Thanks
Keith