From: David Bell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 6:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Doc/Literal support in axis

We are using doc/literal support as well in Axis 1.1.

To cater for compatible implementations (Axis, JAX-RPC, .net) we have
defined the WSDL outside of the tools - it is handcranked to define the
contract and then separate groups can build their own clients and
servers using whatever technology they want (as long as it works !).

The downside is that the WSDL handed back by the service, when you
query it, is not (unsurprisingly) either WS-I compliant, or acceptable
to most of the tools, so code does not generate properly - I guess this
concurs with other folks experiences.

- David

--
David Bell

Sun ONE Solution Design Consultant
Professional Services

Sun Microsystems           Tel : +44 7876 396719
Java House                 Fax : +44 1252 420126
Guillemont Park
Minley Road              email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blackwater
Camberley
GU17 9QG