Galbreath, Mark A wrote:
I truely wish to access a Web service from a browser.  However I can make
that happen.

Mark

You can access a SOAP or REST service with a Java applet or, in a modern browser, in Javascript. There's sample code scattered on the web, or in books like http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1590591313 (where the code was tested in IE 6.0 and Moz 1.4). Both approaches have security problems which depend on your actual use case. Javascript gives you a lighterweight client but more limited error recovery, and you can't generate parts of the code from WSDL, as you can in Java.

hope this helps..
Tom Myers