I've finally published my performance comparison of SOAP web services using open source frameworks, at http://www.sosnoski.com/presents/cleansoap/comparing.html In addition to the performance comparison itself (using JAX-RI doc/lit, Axis doc/lit, Axis-Castor, Axis rpc/enc, JibxSoap... and RMI, just as a baseline) this also has what I consider to be some good tips and examples for building the different types of Axis services (see http://www.sosnoski.com/presents/cleansoap/axis.html). The performance results (run using a build of Axis from last weekend, to get the latest performance enhancements) at http://www.sosnoski.com/presents/cleansoap/results.html do seem to show some issues with Axis.

Axis developers are welcome to use the examples as part of the Axis performance tests, if you'd like.

Now to catch up on the 886 messages I currently have stacked up in my Axis folder (which this one will add to)...

 - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
Enterprise Java, XML, and Web Services