I guess I should make the downloads more prominent. They're at the end of each page discussing how a particular implementation was done, so in the case of Axis at the end of this page: http://www.sosnoski.com/presents/cleansoap/axis.html

Incidentally, besides wanting to get the benefits of the latest code changes another reason for going with a recent daily build for the tests was that it would actually run all three versions! Axis 1.1 ran the rpc/enc version, but not either of the other two. Axis 1.2 alpha I think ran the Castor one, but not the either two. Axis 1.2 beta I'm not sure about - it may be that it'll run all three, except for needing to change a name or two (but it doesn't include the Castor serializers/deserializers).

I'd seen some traffic from you on the list discussing some performance improvements last month, so that was why I thought you might have made some progress on this. This is the most comprehensive series of tests I've done so I can't directly compare with results from earlier versions of Axis. I don't think anything has changed dramatically, though.

As for XSOAP, JibxSoap... I think the whole web services picture has changed dramatically with the move to doc/lit, and to me it seems like JAX-RPC has a lot of legacy baggage that's based on the original rpc/enc design philosophy. It really shouldn't be nearly as difficult as it is now to build web services with decent performance in Java. JibxSoap may or may not become a full framework in the future, but if nothing else I'm hoping it'll get people thinking about what to expect in terms of performance and ease of use.

 - Dennis

Davanum Srinivas wrote:

Dennis,

Where can i download the examples for axis?

As an aside, first we had Alek pushing XSOAP and now we have you
pushing JIBXSoap...Is this some kind of bug? (everyone building their
own better mouse trap :)

thanks,
dims