My bad - in my previous post I said client-config.xml when I really meant client-config.wsdd.

Sorry for the confusion...

Tony

--- On Thu 07/22, Anthony Piazza < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:From: Anthony Piazza [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:30:45 -0400 (EDT)Subject: Re: Problem with SOAP body
Maybe it will be helpful for me to provide a bit more detail. Here is the content of a web services call that doesn't work:

POST /imapi HTTP/1.0

xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

http://imapi.atp.com">>
http://imapi.atp.com">>
pedev8http://imapi.atp.com">pedev8>

xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com">atpII_BUFFER_MODE_DEFAULT>

xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com">0>

Here is the content of a call that does work:

POST /imapi HTTP/1.0

xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com">>

xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com">>

xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com">pedev8>
http://imapi.atp.com"
xmlns:ns1="
http://imapi.atp.com">atpII_BUFFER_MODE_DEFAULT>

xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com">0>

The only thing that changes on the client side is the version of the Axis-related jars I am using. That is why I was looking for some sort of configuration option that would make Axis 1.1 behave like Axis 1.0. I did take your advice about changing the client-config.xml file. I tried overriding it by specifying an alternate file as well as changing the one that resides in axis.jar. After my changes, the client-config.xml file looks like this:

xmlns="
http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
xmlns:java="
http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java">

None of these changes has produced the desired result. I am starting to wonder if I am even in the ballpark. I will continue digging but would certainly appreciate any help you can offer.

To answer Anand's question about this being server or client code - my code is part of a server product but is acting as a client to another product via it's web services interface. As I mentioned before, the Axis 1.1 jars are already on the classpath. My understanding is that there is no longer a separate axis-client.jar file. The axis.jar file has both a client-config.xml and server-config.xml inside of it.

Much Thanks,

Tony

--- On Wed 07/21, Michael Thompson < [EMAIL PROTECTED]