Hi,

I am experiencing some problems while instantiating some of the business objects on the server.  This could be because the base classes are abstract and any attempt use these objects in a parameter would require such an object’s instantiation.  In our native code usage such base class objects like Person were obtained from a factory and probably type cast because we were controlling/developing the code.

When axis tries to instantiate a Party, it fails because Party is an abstract class and can not be instantiated.  We may have a problem with abstract classes (at run time),  just as we had problem with interfaces as parameters ( at proxy generation time)  in a method call.

Given below is the call I am trying to make on the client

      Vector RETVAL = partyRoleCA.getAllPaymentMethods(userName, authentication, (Party)myPerson);

The Axis server receives the call through a SOAP message and tries to instantiate a Party object and then…..

Given below is the error message received from the server.

faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Unable to create JavaBean of type com.chordiant.pmf.businessClasses.Party.  Missing default constructor?  Error was: java.lang.InstantiationException: com/chordiant/pmf/businessClasses/Party.

Can anybody confirm this observation?  Is there a way around the problem?

Regards

Sagar