Re-gen your java classes from the WSDL (making sure to move your BindingImpl
out of the tree so that can be regenerated as well). I got this to work. You
might want to consider just tooling back to JDK 1.42. That's what I did after I
figured out that all JDK 1.5 was buying me was a little better error message
processing on compile. Most everything else I use could be added to the 1.4
environment by adding the right jars to the CLASSPATH. -- Andy

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/10/04 12:06PM >>>
Thanks for the reply.

After I posted my message yesterday, I did go ahead
and attempt to build Axis using RC2.  However, the
compiler output still spits out all the "enum" errors.
 If I switch the JAVA_HOME environment variable to the
1.4.2 home, Axis builds fine.

Is there some simple step I'm missing to get RC2 to
build with 1.5?  I've been through a long thread on
this topic from a month ago but I can't find anything
to help.

The only reason I find myself needing 1.5 is because I
built a whole server environment and website a month
ago using 1.5 (figured it was the latest and greatest,
so why not?).  Only now do I find myself needing Axis
and I'd prefer not to switch my environment over to
1.4 unless there's no other way.

Regards,

JF