Having failed to configure AxKit because it claimed iconv was missing, I
grabbed GNU libiconv and installed that, so I now have
/usr/local/include/iconv.h and /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so in
place.

AxKit *still* claims I don't have iconv installed. Is there a
way around this?

I did some googling and found an index to the mail archives, but
the only mention of iconv refers to Text::Iconv which looks like
it's a Perl library, and it doesn't appear to be anything to do with
AxKit failing to see GNU iconv and libiconv.

The error seems to be in Apache/AxKit/Makefile.PL, where it says
if (have_library("iconv", "iconv") || have_library("iconv", "libiconv"))
{
and have_library is define in the top-level Makefile.PL, but my
Perl isn't up to working out where it's looking...obviously not
in /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib, /usr/include, or /usr/local/include.

Has anyone managed to get AxKit installed on a Red Hat system?

///Peter