On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 10:10 pm, Daisuke Maki wrote:

So I know this topic has been covered before, but I'd like to ask once
again the state of AxKit 2.0, and what the plans are...

If people have ideas or suggestions of things they would like to see in AxKit 2.0, then please mail them here.

Some features currently being considered include...

Configurable pipeline caching (optional incremental caching).
Better Cacheablilty for XSP pages.
and the ability to chain XSP -> XSP transforms and still have caching work.

However, since there is potential to break a number of current configurations
with this, they're being held back until the current cvs stuff is out, and the
test framework extended.

Then the roadmap is to work towards a working 2.0 version. I'd guess the
next release of AxKit 1.6.2 will be the final release for mod perl 1 barring
any major bugs which come to light.

If you want to be involved in the work, then please join the axkit-dev list.

Mike.