On April 23, 2004 09:48 am, Tim Hibbard wrote:
> I'm having a problem debugging an ESQL app.  I am a newbie to AxKit and
> found this particulary hard to decode.  Any help is very much apprecitaed.
> I look forward to getting my brain injected with XML.

Yes, debugging programatically-generated Perl code resulting from an XSP file
can be a chore.

> Here is my xsp page:
>  <?xml-stylesheet href="NULL"   type="application/x-xsp"?>
>  <xsp:page
>       xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core";
>       xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/xsp/SQL/v2";
>

> <esql:connection>
> <esql:driver transactions="no">Oracle</esql:driver>
> <esql:dburl>host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;sid=LEO;port=1521</esql:dburl>
> <esql:username>valid-user</esql:username>
> <esql:password>valid-password</esql:password>
> <esql:execute-query>
>       <esql:query>
>               select * from LEO_DATA.INFOED_PROPOSAL
>       </esql:query>
>       <esql:results>
>               <esql:row-results>
>                       <ut>
>                               <prop_no><esql:get-string column="prop_no" /></prop_no>
>                               <title><esql:get-string column="uvar1" /></title>
>                       </ut>
>               </esql:row-results>
>       </esql:results>
> </esql:execute-query>
> </esql:connection>
> </xsp:page>

My first reaction to this is that you don't have a parent tag around your
<esql:connection/>.  When the XSP code is run, it will generate XML to be
outputted to the next stage in the pipeline, and if your SQL statement
returns more than one row, there will be multiple sibling XML nodes in the
output.  Since an XML parser will bark at you if you try to add more than one
root node, it would thrown an exception.

Other than that, everything up above looks fine, though I don't have
first-hand experience connecting to an Oracle database via ESQL.

--
Michael A. Nachbaur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://nachbaur.com/pgpkey.asc