Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Recently (actually, just before going on vacation), I did a simple
> upgrade to libxslt 1.1.8, Debian backports for Woody to be precise, and
> noticed that <xsl:output method="html" [snip]/> stopped working.
> Reverting to 1.1.7 cured the problem...
>
> So, to find out if there were anything wrong with these packages, with
> the official Debian packages, my setup or even libxslt/XML::LibXSLT
> itself, it would be nice to hear if anybody else has had these
> problems...

I don't have any solution to your problem. However, I have been having
a lot of problems with my libxslt setup...

I too am having troubles with libxslt and Axkit (Debian stable using
backports for libxslt) . However, I can't get it to work at
all. Axkit performs perfectly with xps but fails on xslt (Internal
Server Error). I'm using the examples that come with Axkit to test the xps part.

I'm running Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux AxKit/1.5 mod_perl/1.26 PHP/4.1.2
I get errors like this in my apache logs...

[Wed Jul 28 12:25:15 2004] [error] [client 10.8.116.141] [AxKit] [Error] Load of
'Apache::AxKit::Language::LibXSLT' failed with: AxKit::load_module failed: Can't
locate XML/LibXSLT.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1
/usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1
/usr/share/perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache/ /etc/apache/lib/perl) at
/usr/lib/perl5/Apache/AxKit/Language/LibXSLT.pm line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/Apache/AxKit/Language/LibXSLT.pm
line 7.

Here are the relevant bits of my Apache httpd.conf

<Directory "/var/www/xml">
 PerlModule AxKit
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler AxKit
 AxAddStyleMap application/x-xpathscript Apache::AxKit::Language::XPathScript
 AxAddStyleMap text/xsl Apache::AxKit::Language::LibXSLT
 </Directory>

I use xsltproc from the command line all the time and it works
fine... I'm using libxslt 1.1.8.

I'm new to Axkit and perl and I am a bit lost on
where to start troubleshooting the issue. I realize this is probably
an unrelated problem, but I figured somebody might have encountered it
before and might know of how to go about fixing it or at least
diagnosing where the problem lies (at this point I'm really not
sure). I'm sorry if this question has been asked before... I googled
for awhile but now I'm stuck.

Sorry if this is wandering off topic for the Axkit list...

--
Aubrey Hutchings
[EMAIL PROTECTED]