When I try to start Apache with AxKit enabled I get
the following error message:

Syntax error on line 197 of c:/program files/apache
group/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/AxKit/AxKit.dll' for
module AxKit: load_file:A device attached to the
system is not functioning at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm
line 230.
 at C:/Perl/site/lib/AxKit.pm line 32
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
C:/Perl/site/lib/AxKit.pm line 32.

Line 197 of httpd.conf is the
    PerlModule AxKit
line.  The mentioned .dll and .pm files exist.  The
relevent section of AxKit.pm (lines 25-32) appears to
be:
    BEGIN {
        $VERSION = "1.61";
        if ($ENV{MOD_PERL}) {
            $AxKit::ServerString = "AxKit/$VERSION";
            @AxKit::ISA = qw(DynaLoader);
            __PACKAGE__->bootstrap($VERSION);
        }
    }

Things worked before enabling AxKit, so I doubt that
it's Apache or mod_perl.  I'm running Apache 1.3.31
with mod_perl 1.29 and AxKit 1.61 on Windows 98SE.  My
Perl interpreter is ActivePerl 5.8, and perl.exe
identifies itself as v5.8.4.  mod_perl, AxKit and
AxKit's dependencies were installed with ActivePerl's
ppm.

Any idea what's going on here?  I'd really like to get
things working so that I can experiment with AxKit.

Thanks in advance for your help.

=====
Grant D. Watson, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>